Excursions Policy and Procedures
Amaad Private School encourages teachers to organise excursions to enhance learning and experiences for the students. As student safety is a priority, the following information outlines the procedures that teachers need to follow when planning a trip away from the school grounds.
- At least one week prior to planned trip, teachers are to submit a written plan of the day to the principal, explaining educational purpose and schedule of the trip.
- All students are to have written parental permission and provision must be made for students who do not have permission and need to stay at school.
- MOE approval must be given prior to any excursion – the deputy principal will be in charge of all ministry permissions.
- Teachers must consider provision of water (and food if appropriate), and first aid.
- Teachers must carry a class list with parent contact numbers.
6. Suitable transport arrangements must be organized before the trip.